Our trip to Madeira Beach was absolutely perfect! Prior to going, we decided we wanted to eat at a new place every night, and try as much seafood as possible. The farthest we travelled was 20 minutes, but a few of the locations were in walking distance of our condo!
Below are our favorite restaurants:
- The first night we had Bubba Gumps at John’s Pass. It was right across the street and although we said no chains allowed, we don’t have one near us so we gave it a shot!
Just a warning, it was a Tuesday night and the wait was 1.5 hours, so make a reservation or try to get there earlier! We ended up eating around 8:30, but we were able to walk back and relax at our condo while we waited, so it wasn’t too bad.
I drank a Tropical Breeze and ate the Maker’s Mark Grilled Salmon with broccoli and a side of fries. We were able to sit outside feeling the cool breeze while watching the boats come through the drawbridge. Overall the atmosphere, service and food were great!
2. Next up is Crabby Bill’s! This was about a 20 minute drive to Indian Rocks Beach from where we stayed in Madeira Beach and well worth the drive!
I had the king crab legs and fries, along with a strawberry daquiri
It was a very relaxed environment inside and is family friendly. We made sure to stop by the souvenir shop for a t-shirt after dinner!
The back of the building hosts a bar and fun outdoor atmosphere where they have live music every day if you are looking for some entertainment with your meal.
3. Our next stop is Boardwalk grill. We checked trip advisor for reviews of all the local restaurants and this one was a clear winner. We can confirm that the reviews are correct and the food is amazing!
We started with fried pickles, then I had a lobster roll, Bryan had the grouper po boy and his mom had the clam strip basket. Everything was great, but the grouper po boy was by far the shining star!
From the outside it can be seen as underwhelming, but I assure you that the the food is amazing. It is a smaller place, so be sure to get there a little earlier than dinner time or be prepared for a bit of a wait. We waited about a half hour and watched the boats pass through and looked for dolphins!
4. Our 4th night we headed out again to Indian Shores to Salt Rock Grill.
We made a reservation and were sat promptly and started with the shrimp cocktail. I drank a Hawaiian and if you love pineapple this drink is perfect for you!
We all ate the surf and turf, I added a vegetable stack and everything was cooked to perfection! Our service was excellent and very knowledgeable.
5. Our final favorite is Mad Beach Brewing, located in John’s Pass this was in walking distance to our condo!
We listened to the reviews and started with the totchos. They were amazing! I drank a wine freeze with an extra shot of rum. It was very refreshing and perfect for a hot day!
I ate the pulled pork sandwich and it was delicious! Unfortunately they do not have fries, but I did enjoy my tots fondue on the side.
Bryan ordered a flight and was very happy with it! One of his favorites being the Madeira Vice, I also enjoyed the Acider Pineapple sour. We grabbed crowlers of each on the way out!
Comment to let us know if you have tried any of these places! Thank you so much for checking out our favorite places! We’d love for you to subscribe to follow along with our adventures!
Check us out on Instagram at adventuring_ellisons for more!